I’m sure we’ve all asked this question: What is creative? Wikipedia describes it as
a phenomenon whereby a person creates something new (a product, a solution, a work of art, a novel, a joke, etc.) that has some kind of value. What counts as “new” may be in reference to the individual creator, or to the society or domain within which the novelty occurs. What counts as “valuable” is similarly defined in a variety of ways.
What caught my eye was the word “value”. Successful creative must have “value”. Or in other words, it must have purpose. Let’s look at a recent design by our team.
We will look at 3 significant aspects that allows this piece to be “creative”.
Design Secret: You always want to Lead the Eye. There are several ways to lead the eye through your design.
- The Use of Color. Using a “pop-out” color helps text stand out. Your color should compliment and contrast. Choose certain words or a certain phrase that sums up your delivery. Using part of a phrase will entice them to keep reading.
- The Use of Shapes. Symbols and lines in this design lead the viewer to the bottom of the page. The call-out shapes leads the eye down to the “call to action”. Shapes can also be used to separate text as shown in the header and footer.
- The Use of Graphics. As they say, a picture can say a thousand words. By choosing graphics in your design, you help the viewer understand the meaning of your creative even before any text is read. Graphics, or in our case, INFOgraphics are a great way to capture the attention of your viewers that may not have time to read web page text or an article explaining your service.
Now, take a look at your design pieces and ask yourself;
- “What is the purpose; Does this add value to my business?”
- “What is the first thing that catches my eye? Should it be?”
- “Is it branded with my company fonts, colors, style?”
Remember to be intentional. A beautiful design without purpose and intention leaves the viewer empty. Give them a reason to keep reading and ultimately wanting more!
Our fabulous design team can create this centerpiece for you all for an incredibly affordable price! Contact us today to see our full gallery off infographics, brochures, posters and decals!
Marketing Your Message,
Andrea Ferguson, Owner